Saturday, January 22, 2011

Saucy Pork Chops

This one cost about $10 to make. I promise when I do my next shopping trip, I'll have better estimates for you.

4 big pork chops
3 t garlic powder
1/2 t salt
1/4 t pepper
2 T oil
2 c ketchup
1/2 c packed brown sugar
2 t liquid smoke

Sprinkle chops with 2 t garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Heat oil in pan, and brown chops in oil.

In a seperate bowl, combine ketchup, brown sugar, liquid soap, at remaining garlic salt. Place in a 13x9 pan and pour sauce over chops. Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 45 minutes, depending on thickness of the chops.

**This wasn't my favorite recipe so far, but it was one of the better ones. I've had issues with the flavor not extending into the meat with my sauces, and this one did a decent job with it.

** The original recipe was for the crockpot, so you're SUPPOSED to cook it on low for 4 or 5 hours. I didn't see this until about an hour before dinner time, so we improvised. It actually turned out really good.

**The recipe makes plenty of sauce, so you can use more chops (we did 6) and not worry about doubling the recipe.

1 comment: